You will need to optimize your website to be search engine friendly. If this means you have to take a crash course on search engine optimization (SEO), so be it. Another option is to create your website and then solicit SEO services from a reputable company. Although you may not have a large budget as a small business, the return can be worth the investment.
For small businesses, the main SEO areas to consider will be:
- Website. A well-structured, fast, mobile-friendly website is essential.
- Content. Your content should help demonstrate why a customer should choose you.
- Content marketing. Informational blog content can put you in front of a wider audience.
- On-page. Basic optimization is important so think page titles and meta descriptions.
- Local SEO. Local businesses need to consider local SEO best practices.
- Authority building. Links are still highly correlated with strong search engine results.
- Credibility. Case studies, portfolios, reviews and testimonials help you clinch the deal.